Here’s how to set up your TP-Link VR1600v Modem/Router for Fibre to the Node/Basement the Pentanet network. Let’s go!
(Note: if you’re connected to fixed wireless or another NBN type, please click here)
adminand the password
admin. (If the default login doesn’t work you may need to factory reset your device)
8. If your welcome email advises to add VLAN ID 100, tick ‘Enable VLAN’ and enter in the VLAN ID:
100. Otherwise, skip this step.
9. Select DSL Modulation Type: VDSL
10. Select Internet Connection Type: PPPOE
10. Enter your PPP Username and Password - this is your Pentanet authentication username and password, which you can find in your Pentanet welcome email. You can also find it in your customer portal if lost or forgotten.
11. Tick Enable IPv6
12. Click Save
You can now enjoy your superfast Pentanet internet connection to stream, browse, and game online.
Note: your router has two Wi-Fi networks which broadcast on different frequencies - 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 5GHz can reach faster speeds, but doesn’t penetrate walls well. 2.4GHz travels farther, but often won’t be as fast. We recommend using the 5GHz network when you’re nearby the unit, or the 2.4GHz if you’re in a different room or further away.
Pssst… your customer portal awaits! Don’t forget to create an account to check your data usage, find your latest bills, grab your referral code to earn a gift card… and more!